Thursday, June 28, 2018

An Artist in Second Life (small rant)

I have been an artist for many years, and over the last 8, I have been an artist in SL.  But being an artist in SL is not an easy thing.  Well, being an artist in RL is not so easy either, lol.   But that is not the topic for now.
You see, a lot of the people who sell art in SL, do not actually produce their own art.  So they just open a store and plop a lot of copyrighted art that they have found on the internet and call it a gallery.  Then they sell the art cheap. This makes it much harder for the artist who spends 30 hours or more drawing or painting a picture, to sell their art at a much more realistic price.  Sure I could just price my art cheap, but then it becomes just that.
So here is my point.  When buying art please consider buying art from an actual artist, there are plenty of us out there, you just have to look.  Read the artist's, about me or biography, in the store.
We work hard to bring a touch of real art into SL, and in order to keep doing that, we need the support of the residents who live here. Land and rental spaces are not cheap, as well as the cost of downloading the art.
So if you happen to come across my little Blog, I hope to see you at my Gallery one day.



Sakki's Art Gallery and Showroom

No comments:

Post a Comment